Welcome to Workday
Workday is now live, retrofitting and integrating 42 applications across the university. Some of these systems were 25 years old or more. This major milestone represents a big step forward in supporting our learning, research and working environments at UBC. Workday will help us modernize and simplify our HR and Finance processes for many years to come.
Getting started in Workday
To access Workday, go to myworkday.ubc.ca
If you’re not sure where to begin, you can review the go-live resources accessible from the homepage of the IRP website, including:
- The Resources for Workday go-live page, with information on support after go-live, “how do I” cheat sheets, and FAQs.
- The Toolkits page, with information relating to training and support as well as audience-specific resources for faculty, staff, and managers.
These resources contain all the information you will need to successfully navigate Workday in your first week — including checklists for activities you should complete and answers to common go-live questions.
Accessing Workday support
There are going to be questions and issues, and the Integrated Service Centre (ISC) is now available to support you with Workday. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work through this change together.
The ISC website has information about the variety of ways you can access support, including:
- Using the online, searchable knowledge base of FAQs and job aids available through UBC’s Self-Service Portal [CWL required].
- Submitting a ticket and tracking your request online, also through the Self-Service Portal [CWL required].
- Calling an ISC representative to receive direct support.
- Connecting with your local transition network lead to receive department/unit specific support.
The ISC website also has additional support information, including known issues and resolutions, planned outages and Workday updates.