On July 15, Peter Smailes, Vice-President Finance & Operations, hosted a townhall for the VPFO portfolio. The agenda included:
Our last 18 months
- COVID-19, working apart and coming together.
Where we are today
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, transformation, and a financial health update.
Our focus this fall
- Strategic renewal, systems renewal, Operational Excellence, and our focus in the Okanagan.
Our return to campus
- The VPFO’s approach, our safety plan, keeping our spaces safe, and your return checklist.
Miss the townhall or want to review the slides?
The townhall was recorded on Zoom (passcode: aj+=K8dM ) and the presentation slides are available in PDF.
If you still have questions on any of these topics, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to answer them through your senior leader.
Our takeaways from the townhall
- Campus Safety training will be available for everyone, whether you’re currently on campus or
returning. (UBCV | UBCO)
- Lean Six Sigma White Belt training is available for everyone starting today. Yellow and Green belt training for
selected team members starts in September.
- EDI online learning modules for everyone will start in September.
Return to campus
- Read and understand the UBC Return to Campus Guidelines.
- Complete the request for a Remote Work Agreement in Workday.
- Complete and have your manager approve your Work Area Safety Assessment
and submit in Workday.
Find your place in our future
- Review our portfolio strategic plan and think about your part in moving us forward.
More information is available:
- Q&As on a wide variety of COVID topics are available at covid19.ubc.ca.
- Remote work information is available at hr.ubc.ca/remotework-ubc.
- EDI information is available at vpfo.ubc.ca/edi.