On July 15, Peter Smailes, Vice-President Finance & Operations, hosted a townhall for the VPFO portfolio. The agenda included:
Our last 18 months
- COVID-19, working apart and coming together.
Where we are today
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, transformation, and a financial health update.
Our focus this fall
- Strategic renewal, systems renewal, Operational Excellence, and our focus in the Okanagan.
Our return to campus
- The VPFO’s approach, our safety plan, keeping our spaces safe, and your return checklist.
Miss the townhall or want to review the slides?
If you still have questions on any of these topics, please send them to email@example.com and we will try to answer them through your senior leader.
Our takeaways from the townhall
- Campus Safety training will be available for everyone, whether you’re currently on campus or
returning. (UBCV | UBCO)
- Lean Six Sigma White Belt training is available for everyone starting today. Yellow and Green belt training for
selected team members starts in September.
- EDI online learning modules for everyone will start in September.
Return to campus
- Read and understand the UBC Return to Campus Guidelines.
- Complete the request for a Remote Work Agreement in Workday.
- Complete and have your manager approve your Work Area Safety Assessment
and submit in Workday.
Find your place in our future
- Review our portfolio strategic plan and think about your part in moving us forward.
More information is available: