The VPFO Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee is looking for volunteer facilitators to help us drive EDI conversations at the VPFO.
Last year the VPFO EDI committee produced a series of six self-paced courses available on UBC Workplace Learning (WPL). As our VPFO team members gain a stronger understanding of key EDI concepts and vocabulary, we want to keep these important conversations going through facilitated sessions, in which we will discuss learnings, understandings and lived experiences. Therefore, we are inviting those who are interested in advancing in their EDI journey and guiding challenging conversations to become trained EDI facilitators.
What is the role of the EDI Facilitator volunteers?
Volunteers will help facilitate EDI conversations through sessions about the modules, lunch-n-learns and other planned events around EDI.
Here are the key criteria for becoming a facilitator:
- Comfortable having difficult conversations
- Able to meet people in their preferred environment (or zoom)
- Passionate about EDI
- Comfortable speaking in medium to large groups
- Available for a one-day training session on Tuesday, February 28, 2023 from 9:00 am-11:00 am
- Be flexible and assist days, evenings and weekends
- Dedicate 2-4 hours per month
How can you volunteer?
If you are interested, please email Anna Grewal (email@example.com) by end of Feb 15, 2023.
Looking forward to continuing our learning together on our EDI journey!
On behalf of VPFO EDI Committee