Strategic Direction 1
To deliver our best for UBC, inspire, recruit, develop and support people, through a unified VPFO culture.
Goal 1.1: Ensure an inclusive, respectful, healthy and safe work environment that supports our staff and UBC communities. To deliver our best for UBC, inspire, recruit, develop and support people, through a unified VPFO culture.
- Promote our VPFO values through various initiatives.
- Incorporate the values and principles of the UBC EDI Strategic Plan.
Goal 1.2: Deliver on Indigenous Strategic Plan measures and actions at individual and department levels.
- Identify and implement strategies from the Indigenous Strategic Plan.
Goal 1.3: Engage the VPFO team and support their career journey to see themselves as integral to the success of the portfolio and university.
- Build effective teams through the development of efficient recruitment and renewed on-boarding processes.
- Develop leaders to engage and inspire their teams.
- Celebrate the achievements and successes of our teams through staff recognition programs.
- Support our teams’ current and future needs through career conversations and staff planning.
Strategic Direction 2
Advance our culture of service, stewardship and continuous improvement.
- Utilize a methodology to evaluate impacts and outcomes of key decisions to guide prioritization.
- Develop clear roles and responsibilities to guide accountability.
Goal 2.2: Partner internally and externally to understand client needs share VPFO expertise and to manage service expectations.
- Develop our core service level requirements to manage service delivery expectations.
- Establish a stakeholder engagement strategy to improve and expand VPFO initiatives.
- Facilitate consistent, integrated internal & external communication systems and channels to effectively serve our business needs.
- Create an end-to-end culture and practice of continuous improvement and innovation by adopting the Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
- Develop work arrangements based on the UBC flexible work plan and optimize our campus footprint.
Strategic Direction 3
Enhance our sustainability and financial accountability.
Goal 3.1: Deliver on the Climate Action Plan measures and actions both for individuals and departments.
- Improve sustainability and reduce GHG emissions on campus and within the endowment by developing department-level plans.
- Optimize our processes to support regulatory/compliance requirements and enhance accountability.
- Optimize our investment in systems to gain efficiency and support our people.
- Balance our budgets by developing a plan to eliminate deficits by implementing operational efficiencies, adjusting service levels, or increasing or reallocating revenues/funding.
- Implement monthly financial statements and improve accuracy of financial forecasting for the university.
- Review and manage institutional risk relevant to the VPFO.