We each have an active role to play in working against oppression and towards equality, and finding ways to elevate historically and systemically marginalized groups. Education is key to effectively defeating racism and injustice.
To help, your Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee has produced a series of self-paced, free VFPO EDI canvas courses, available on UBC Workplace Learning (WPL).
Each course takes about 45 minutes to complete. The courses will help raise awareness on some challenging topics and offer opportunities for self-reflection and growth. Follow these links to register for the courses on WPL:
- VPFO EDI Journey Part 1: Foundations in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- VPFO EDI Journey Part 2: Power & Privilege
- VPFO EDI Journey Part 3: Stereotypes, Prejudice & Discrimination
- VPFO EDI Journey Part 4: Introduction to Anti-Racism
- VPFO EDI Journey Part 5: Systemic Racism
- VPFO EDI Journey Part 6: Stories of Resilience and Resistance
Completed all six modules?
Well done! Thanks for playing a part in making the VPFO and UBC a more inclusive and welcoming workplace. To retrieve your certificate, simply click on the button, log onto UBC WPL with your CWL, and enroll in the program.