On May 26, Peter Smailes, Vice-President Finance & Operations, hosted his last town hall before his departure for the VPFO portfolio. The agenda included:
Leadership Transition plan
- Peter Smailes is leaving UBC to take up a new opportunity as VP Administration at Kwantlen Polytechnic University as their Vice-President, Administration, effective May 31.
- Starting on June 1, Karamjeet Heer will be serving as the Interim Vice-President, Finance, and John Metras will be the Interim Vice-President, Operations, until the search for a new Vice-President is complete.
- While we will have two Interim Vice-Presidents, we are still one unified VPFO portfolio, working closely together.
Looking back at a few highlights and significant accomplishments
- Leading through financial stewardship
- Leading through a pandemic
- Leading through operational excellence
Our path forward – sharing our Strategic Plan
- Our vision, purpose, values, and strategic directions
- Strategic direction one: A view from Facilities
- Strategic direction two: A view from Okanagan
- Strategic direction three: A view from Financial Operations
Miss the townhall or want to review the slides?
If you still have questions on any of these topics, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to answer them through your senior leader.
VPFO Strategic Plan 2022-25
- Review our portfolio strategic plan and think about your part in moving us forward.
Lean Six Sigma Training
- Learn about the different levels of Lean Six Sigma training, offered in partnership with UBC Sauder School of Business – Executive Education.
- To register for training, please reach out to Operational Excellence Knowledge Transfer Manager, David Pepin at email@example.com, for the link and access code.
- Read more about how we are preparing for the leadership transition in the VPFO.