Last week’s updates from UBC
- November 2: Broadcast Email: Workday is now live
- October 30: President’s Blog: Weekly Update
- October 29: President’s Update: Addressing Issues of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: An Update
Updates on UBC’s response to COVID-19 are at covid19.ubc.ca.
Managing your mental health
HR has collected mental health resources to help you manage our ups and downs. Our VPFO HR staff is always available for a confidential conversation.
November is Thrive month! HR has a long list of mental health activities and workshops. Get involved and thrive with UBC.
UBC BodyWorks return with online classes. The classes run from November 9-December 17 and deadline to sign up is this Friday, November 6.
Building Operations, Energy & Water and Infrastructure Development
- Welcome to Planon: Today’s go-live of Planon marks a significant milestone for the Facilities team and our UBC community. John Metras is appreciative of everyone’s tireless work over the past 2 years. Read more on John Metras’ Blog.
- Planon is Live at UBC: The new system replaces PeopleSoft for managing UBC’s maintenance activities, inventory and assets (building and grounds assets which require maintenance). Read more on the Facilities website.
- Submitting Service Requests: Service Requests are now managed through Planon and access is granted through your CWL account. For more information on submitting Service Requests, visit the Building Operations website.
- Planon Buddy Central help desks: From 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., two Planon Buddies are available at the help desks in the University Services Building to support with questions and time card entries. Building Operations’ Facilities Managers and Managers are also on-site to support with questions and concerns.
Comptroller, Finance & Operational Excellence and Treasury
- Welcome to Workday! Workday is now live as UBC’s finance system. Resources to support finance users are available through the Resources for Workday Go-Live page, including information about hypercare. Resources including information about common reports are also available through toolkits on the IRP website.
- Expect Changes to the Finance Website: The central finance teams have deployed new Workday content across the Finance website. Content has been redirected where necessary, but please review your bookmarked pages.
- Streamlining our Payroll portfolios: Learn how the Payroll team has realigned their service portfolios to better support the university community following Workday go-live.
Integrated Renewal Program, Application Ecosystem Program and the Integrated Service Centre
- Workday is live! This new platform replaces 42 systems that were over 25 years old. This major milestone represents a big step forward in supporting our learning, research and working environments at UBC. Learn more on the VPFO website.
- Self-Service Portal: Need help with Workday, HR, Finance, or IT tasks? You can now visit the self-service portal to access new knowledge bases or submit tickets for support.
- Resources for Workday Go-Live: Find resources to guide you through your first week with Workday, including a go-live checklist and a roadmap for support.
- Toolkits: Review detailed information relating to training and support, as well as audience-specific resources for faculty, staff, and managers.
Operations & Advising
Communications & Engagement, Human Resources, and Safety & Risk Services
- Expanding Fuel Resilience at UBC: SRS recently collaborated with EWS to expand the back-up diesel supply at the Campus Energy Centre, increasing the emergency fuel reserve at the site by over 300%.
- VPFO HR on-site support schedule this week:
- November 2: Matt Furgal, Rachel Lau
- November 3: Arvind Kang, Kasia Burza
- November 4: Gregor Macdonald
- November 5: Matt Furgal, Kasia Burza
- November 6: Sonia Lachar, Gregor Macdonald
Other notable updates
SPOOKILY SUPPORTING THE UNITED WAY IN SRS
In support of UBC’s United Way fundraising campaign SRS held a Halloween pumpkin carving contest. The competition was fierce, with some artistic designs submitted from across the department. Check out the photos, including the winner, on the SRS site.
Some interesting news articles people have found informative or helpful at work. These are provided for information and entertainment only. Unless noted, UBC doesn’t specifically endorse or supply this content.
- It’s important to take minute and celebrate. Why not send a celebration .gif to your favourite people who helped us get here?
Have an article for your peers? Email email@example.com.