Managing your mental health
HR has collected mental health resources to help you manage our ups and downs. Our VPFO HR staff is always available for a confidential conversation.
November is Thrive month! HR has a long list of mental health activities and workshops. Get involved and thrive with UBC.
Building Operations, Energy & Water and Infrastructure Development
- Infrastructure Development/Properties Trust project list: The November 2020 project list is now available on the Facilities website.
- The launch of Planon: Since Planon went live on Monday, Nov. 2, the teams in Facilities, Locksmiths and Chemistry Stores are now up and running. Read more on the EMMS website.
Comptroller, Finance & Operational Excellence and Treasury
- Quarterly reporting: The Q2 report has been submitted to the Board of Governors.
- Budget process underway: All of this fall’s budget planning meetings have been set.
- Reminder of changes to the UBC Finance website: The central finance teams have deployed new Workday content across the Finance website. Content has been redirected where necessary, but please review your bookmarked pages.
- Introducing catalogues in Workday: Validation of five catalogues (Staples, VWR, Fisher Scientific, PraxAir, and Microserve) is now complete. These can be accessed through Workday when doing a requisition for goods and/or services. More information about the introduction of catalogues is available on the UBC Finance website.
- Overseas payments: Full information about how UBC is using the Global Disbursement Service for international payments is now available on the UBC Finance website.
- T2200 update: While it is anticipated that the CRA will provide additional clarification on the issuing of T2200 tax forms in the near future, there has been no change to their guidance as yet. Read the full update on the UBC Finance website.
- Cross-border delivery of goods to UBC delayed: The Canadian Border Services Agency has been experiencing systems challenges since Tuesday, Nov 3. This is impacting delivery timelines for international goods arriving at UBC.
Integrated Renewal Program, Application Ecosystem Program and the Integrated Service Centre
- First payroll approval deadline for managers of hourly employees: The IRP team is reminding the UBC community that the first payroll deadline for approval by managers of hourly employees is today, November 9, at 11:59 PM. Read more in Workday this Week.
- The ISC is ready and here to help: Access support via the new UBC Self-Service Portal where you can search the knowledge base or submit a ticket. Or, call the ISC at 604-UBC-8200 (UBCV) | 250-807-8163 (UBCO) for assistance.
- Introducing Workday This Week: A regularly updated bulletin of Workday information including tips and helpful hints, answers to common questions, known issues and resolutions, and more. Read the latest edition.
Operations & Advising
Communications & Engagement, Human Resources, and Safety & Risk Services
- New health orders: In response to the recent provincial health order affecting the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions, UBC will soon share information on how members of the UBC community will be affected.
- VPFO HR on-site support schedule this week:
- November 9: Arvind Kang, Gregor Macdonald
- November 10: Arvind Kang, Rachel Lau
- November 11: Lest we forget, Remembrance Day, 2020
- November 13: Matt Furgal, Gregor Macdonald
- November 14: Matt Furgal, Rachel Lau
Some interesting news articles people have found informative or helpful at work. These are provided for information and entertainment only. Unless noted, UBC doesn’t specifically endorse or supply this content.
- We hear a lot about how “big data” and AI are becoming the future of work. Ever wonder what that might look like in practice? Wired magazine shares a fascinating look at a business we all know with how the future of McDonald’s is in the drive-thru lane.
Have an article for your peers? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.